All of the proceeds from Fine Art in the Park are used to fund a variety of socially significant projects in the Bay Area and around the world.
Here in the Bay Area, your purchase at the LARC “Fine Art in the Park” show helps the Los Altos Rotary Club (LARC):
- Provide free medical care through the RotaCare Clinic at El Camino Hospital
- Equipping young people with the learning skills and attitudes needed to succeed. Accomplished through organizations like; Mentor Tutor Connection, the Eastside College Preparatory School, and Child Advocates and Alta Vista High School.
- Prevent the spread of AIDS through the pioneering work of the Rotary AIDS Project
- Underwrite the activities of community resources for the homeless; and · support a wealth of activities that enrich our community ranging from scouting and camping to music and local theater.
View a list of local organizations we support.
Internationally, the Rotary Club is is active in more than 200 nations around the world. The Los Altos Rotary Club uses this network of colleagues to reach areas of need around the world. LARC’s international projects include:
- Empowering the people of Nepal with practical solar technologies
- Reaching remote corners of the Dominican Republic with tele-medicine
- Planting fruit trees and digging wells in Afghanistan
- Working with AIDS patients in Africa
Promoting reading in a remote village in the Yucatan
- Providing tools, training and medicine for a tsunami-ravaged province in Indonesia.